An eye toward mobile, plugging the “Leaky Pipe” with Big Machines automation.
Prior to implementing BigMachines, IDEXX described their outdated manual quoting process as a “leaky pipe,” creating several sales-draining challenges: Product configurations were incorrect, which led to inaccurate proposals being sent to customers. Manual rework of quotes was commonplace. The overall challenge was that order cycles and quote times took too long.
IDEXX set out to implement BigMachines with three key goals:
- Simplify the customer’s purchasing experience: Provide an integrated solution with consistency in cross LOB proposals, reduce paperwork required to sign deals, and enhance their reputation as a company that is easy to do business with.
- Improve sales force productivity: Empower the field by streamlining the approval process and associated paperwork, and facilitating collaboration across lines of business.
- Improve internal efficiency across the business: Decrease exceptions and streamline processes.
Technical challenges included implementing for iPad use, and integrating with IDEXX’s custom-built CRM solution, as well as their SAP ERP system.
Pierce Washington implemented BigMachines across three lines of business to enable a unified quoting platform to fix the “leaky pipe” IDEXX had identified in their manual quoting process. BigMachines was designed and built for use on iPads.
From phase-planning to change management, Pierce Washington worked with IDEXX to successfully implement BigMachines and achieve their key goals: configuration management and guided selling, automated workflow, dynamic document generation, integration with ERP – and all paperless on a tablet.
IDEXX singled out Pierce Washington’s expertise, flexibility and creativity, and our “commitment beyond a contract” as key to the project’s success.
- Enabled cross LOB quoting to consolidate customer interactions
- Reduced manual quote intervention from 85% to 10%
"Always partner with the best, you get what you pay for!.”